Jason Peterson wrote in post #1067719:
> Thank you for the reply. When I try running this I get a syntax error.

There are several errors. You have to quote the string with the file
path, you have to escape backslashes (or use normal slashes), you forgot
to end two of the blocks, a ZipEntry doesn't have a "read" method, the
variable "f" isn't defined anywhere, and "cdi_output" and "cho_output"
are in the wrong scope.

So this really cannot work. Ruby doesn't have magical powers to guess
what you mean. ;-)

Jason Peterson wrote in post #1067738:
> I tried that out and it through an ArgumentError: wrong number of
> arguments (0 for 2..3)

For which expression/line do you get this error?

I don't get an ArgumentError (Ruby 1.9.3). If i correct the two copy and
paste errors in the script, it does work:

- use a valid string for the file path: 'C:/Data/file.zip'
- replace "text_file.read" with "text_file.get_input_stream {|str|
str.read}"

> It has me wondering if its my files. The zip file has a file folder that
> contains 8 text files that have those rows of data I am needing to
> output.

Folders are no problem. The "foreach" only iterates over the actual
files.

> I really appreciate the help thus far and open to any ideas in regards
> to the ArgumentError. I am really feeling close on the project. Also,
> should I be assigning a class in the program?

No, I think that would be way over the top for this simple script --
unless you plan to extend it.