Tony Arcieri wrote in post #1067609:
> Your suggested use case for green threads was firing off background jobs
> that may or may not break, with zero interest as to if they complete
> successfully.

I'm not sure if you are someone with reading-comprehension issues, or a
troll.  I will state (again) that I threw a "crappy" example out there
off the top of my head as a reason someone might want green threads.  I
did this because some people seem to lack the creativity to come up with
use cases themselves, which are plentiful and abound.  In hindsight, it
seems to have been a serious mistake on my part to have done this, since
you continue to ignore the fact that I stated it was a "crappy" example
and continue to inexplicably seize upon what I wrote as some opportunity
to "hammer" me.

Having said that, I stand by what I said.  You might want to fire off
background jobs that may or may not break, with zero interest as to if
they complete successfully.

> This is not what Erlang does. Erlang/OTP provides
> extensive
> reporting of all failures of any OTP components.

Erlang "does" whatever you want it to do, bro.  If you want process
supervision, extensive reporting of all failures, blah blah, it is
there.  If you don't want that (and in many cases, you don't), you don't
have to use it.  As with anything, it depends on your application and
what you want to do with it.