I am new to Ruby.  I am somewhat surprised that I was not able to find
much info on this question via google or searching of forums.  I was
able to find a similar question posted a while back but no one answered
it.  Perhaps threads aren't such an important topic in Ruby culture?

Anyway, to the point.  I'd like to use green threads (NOT kernel
threads) in a Ruby program I'm writing.  There is no reason for me to
use kernel threads, and every reason to use green ones.

Are green threads still available?  If so, how do I access/use them
(Thread class says nothing about whether it is green or kernel - I
suspect kernel)?  If not, why not?

If not available, are there any alternatives?  I checked into fibers,
but they are not appropriate for what I want because if an exception
happens, it happens in the "main thread" I am executing, which I don't
want.

Thanks.