Hi,

I'm very new to this, but here goes. I need to copy files from one place
to another, which sounds simple enough, but there a slight catch. They
are each within their own folder (e.g. C:\folder\folder1\1.txt,
C:\folder\folder2\2.txt) and I want to copy all of these files into a
single folder so they are all grouped together

From what I've found so far, I've used the following;

require 'fileutils'
  FileUtils.copy(C:\folder\folder1\1.txt, C:\new\1.txt)
  FileUtils.copy(C:\folder\folder2\2.txt, C:\new\2.txt)

Note: there are around 30 of these to be copied, the 2 above are just
examples

Is there an easier way to do this, or do I need a separate line for each
file? Also please note, I do not need to dictate the name I want for the
file once it has been copied; it can remain the same as the source

Many thanks!