"Dave Thomas" <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote in

> Ah, interesting. So really Rich's question turns out to be
> a red herring, in that the singleton proxy has no meaningful type (in
> that it has one type at the C level, another type from the Ruby level,
> and is invisible from the 'real' Ruby level.

Hi,

I guess my (pure Ruby) expectation  (assuming Object.superclass != nil)
would  be that

     Object.superclass.type ==  Class

since  Object.superclass is supposed be a Class object (right?) and

     klass.type == Class  # this is an ``id-equal''

is true for any other Class object  klass.

/Christoph