On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 7:02 AM, anaray anaray <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Thanks Bob for your valuable input. I think then in this case, Ruby with
> MRI is a wrong choice. This was just preliminary test, my work involves
> lots String, array processing, which involves huge data-set.

Can you be more specific about your use case?  I am asking because
there might actually be other factors which dominate runtime for the
real code you want to execute.  For example, if your data set is huge
and it needs to be read from some disk then there is a good chance
that your application is IO bound and hence looping performance does
not matter that much.  Or you can work with different data structures
to get better results.  Or you implement your core data structures in
a C extension and use Ruby for the business logic.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/