Doug Jolley wrote in post #1066902:
> When Jan said that I hadn't fully grasped the concept of object
> orientation, she wasn't just whistling Dixie.

I'm actually a "he". ;-)

I know that my understanding has been expanded greatly.
> This
> dialog has been extremely enlightening for me.  I need to go play with
> some code now.  I have a whole new prospective.  Thanks so much to all
> who
> contributed.

You're welcome. And I can assure you that you're not the only one
struggling with object orientation. This is really a difficult topic.
Even experienced programmers often get it wrong.

And it's even more difficult to find an appropriate structure for a
program. This is something you need a lot of experience for, you cannot
learn it by reading some books or so.

So keep it up! :)