> You should stop here.
>
> Your class should generally do one thing and do it well.

You'll get a kick out of this.  When I first read your response, I
thought that I can't stop here because there is more that I want to
accomplish.  What I think that you really meant was that I should stop
here WITH THAT CLASS and do other things with other classes (and I need
to instantiate them).

When Jan said that I hadn't fully grasped the concept of object
orientation, she wasn't just whistling Dixie.  I actually think that I
sort of get it now.  (At least that will be the case until the next big
revelation.)  I know that my understanding has been expanded greatly.
This
dialog has been extremely enlightening for me.  I need to go play with
some code now.  I have a whole new prospective.  Thanks so much to all
who
contributed.

     ... doug