Thanks Guy.

So then, technically speaking, Object does have a "superclass" of the
class Class created to point to Kernel.  I do realize this is invisible
to Ruby programs (as are all singleton classes), but it's there
nonetheless.  Correct?

I realize this is nitpicking, but I'm writing a chapter for our book
about the OO structures of Ruby, and just want to be sure.

-Rich