Hi all,

I'd like to add a method to the String class for a gem I'm making. =
Obviously, I could just open it up and pop the method in, but I'd like =
to know what is the state-of-the-art for adding a method. Do I get =
anything better from putting the method in a module and then opening up =
the class and including it? I can't see why but I'd like to know.

I don't wish to use a new class that inherits from String because I =
understand that there's a gotcha with String due to something done for =
performance reasons (though I can't remember the exact details I =
remember the warning!), and there's obvious good sides to the method =
being directly in String that far outweigh the inheritance angle.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Iain=