Ryan Davis wrote in post #1064682:
> On Jun 14, 2012, at 12:39 , Henry Maddocks wrote:
>

>> On 15/06/2012, at 7:07 AM, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby / zenspider.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Without a commitment from the developer to take on these contributions, this
> call to arms seems like a waste of effort. It seems pretty clear that
> the author
> has been sitting on a lot of scanner contributions for ~2 years (many of
> which I
> could use right now) and hasn't done anything with them.
>>
>> Fork it!
>
> I'm not against the idea... but as Yossef implied, it is clearly less
> effort to either get the original developer to recommit to the project
> or to delegate the responsibilities out to others.

Has anyone privately contacted the maintainer with a specific plan?

Something short-term and targeted like..."In the next 30 days
I'd like to help you push out a point release that adds support for 3-10
new language scanners; no internal refactorings. I'm guessing you're
swamped, so if you'll add me as a GH contributor, I'll do all the
integration and testing legwork on a new branch. Once I think things
look solid, I'll sync back up with you to review for the point release."

Jon