I am running into errors = I am getting "undefined method 'sub_table'
for nil:NilClass(NoMethodError)"

The reason this is confusing is because without that line, the code
works perfectly. I am still learning Ruby, so I am not sure if this
requires me to entirely rethink and recode what I am trying to
accomplish, or if there is something simple that I am missing. I got
that line of code from the ruport documentation, and implemented it the
way the documentation states. (at least to my understanding)

My apologies on the vague question before.