On 06/14/2012 04:07 PM, Intransition wrote:
> Would you agree that Ruby shouldn't lack for a syntax highlighting library as good as any that exists for
> other dynamic languages? I do. But as it stands Ruby lags well behind Python's Pygments
> (http://pygments.org/). This should not stand!
>
> Ruby has a pretty good library in CodeRay (http://coderay.rubychan.de/) but to catch up it needs to support
> many more formats.

If you have a look, on what is scheduled for 1.1, there is a lot to come. But the problem is, when it will
code. I added fortran support to coderay more than 2 years ago, but it still hasn't made it into any release.
Dont get me wrong, no criticism here. A lot of people seem to have written valid scanners. Might be good to
have a place to share them.