On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 05:54 +0900, Sam Duncan wrote:
> On 14/06/12 08:48, Michael Sung wrote:
> > I was wondering why this is not being accepted?  I get an error stating
> > that + is an unknown method.
> >
> > I defined a Class and 3 methods within the class, and am merely calling
> > the methods and trying to add them together for display from one line:
> >

> > m.ClassMethodString + " " + m.ClassMethodString + ": " +
> > m.ClassMethodInteger.to_s
> >
> Please post your class, or even better the entire code =]

And the actual error... most likely your function isn't returning a
string. The error should tell you want class '+' is not defined in. For
example, if your method returns nil you'll get:

NoMethodError: undefined method `+' for nil:NilClass

Easiest fix would be to call to_s on the return value of your methods
(e.g. m.ClassMethodString.to_s) but that might merely cover-up some
problem with your method's return value.

-Paul