I'm improving a music playing script I've written; I want to add a
feature that automatically pauses the music if I wander off by detecting
the bluetooth on my phone. The main thread deals with the UI while there
is a thread running to play whatever is on the playlist and another
thread to deal with the auto-pausing.

At the moment I'm pausing the music by using "system('killall -STOP
mpg321')", this is quite crude and can get confused by other instances
of mpg321. While Thread.stop will pause a thread from within, I cannot
work out a way to pause a thread from another thread. Is this possible,
or is there a good reason why this has been omitted?

Thanks,
Mike