Hi there, this does look like some sort of bug. Thanks for pointing it out.
I haven't seen it with Reel before which is odd, because it didn't used to
have keepalive support and so this would've impacted the tests I did there.

As far as I can tell the entire reactor is pausing for long periods of
time. A look a thread dump shows that it is blocking on the underlying
system call across both MRI and JRuby. I'm getting similarly poor numbers
on both MRI and JRuby too, so perhaps Celluloid::IO itself is implicated.

Would you mind opening a ticket for it?

https://github.com/celluloid/celluloid-io/