Doug Jolley wrote in post #1063908:
> Suggestions?  I'm wide open.  Thanks for the input.

From the description I'm guessing you want to use the module as a mixin
to add methods to the class. In this case you don't even need the
accessor methods. If you include the module in the class, the methods of
the module have direct access to the instance variables -- just like
they were defined in the class.

As an example:

#------
module M

  def mod_show
    puts "Value of @x: #{@x}"

class C

  include M

  def initialize
    @x = 123

c = C.new
c.mod_show
#------

However, letting others edit parts of the code is a pretty odd way of
extending functionalities. In object oriented languages (like Ruby), the
standard way to do this is via inheritance: You derive a new class from
an old one and extend it to your needs.

Some languages like Java also let the programmer prevent methods from
being changed in subclasses (what you want to do). But Ruby is very
dynamic and not so much aimed at making code unchangeable.