Holden Glova <dsafari / xtra.co.nz> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> Just announcing that I have put together a wrapper around the RAA so that a
> client tool can be used to query the RAA. 3 features are currently available,
> they are:
> 1) query the RAA for a package, regular expressions are allowed
> 2) show the details of a package in the RAA
> 3) get a package listed in the RAA
>
> It should be emphasized that this projects intent is to move to
> wards the next generation RAA. This release is an effort to change
> the current paradigm within the Ruby community from using the RAA as
> a web site, to using the RAA as an application. Please see
> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?RaaSuccRequirements for a list of
> things i would like this application to do, feel free to add to it,
> comment etc...
>
> To download please get it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/raasucc

Just FYI, downloading the SOAP lib and all its dependencies exceeded
my "I'll spend 5 min to download this and check it out" threshold.

(The real story is that the SOAP lib is supposed to auto-detect REXML,
but it didn't and failed with
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.6/soap/nqxmlparser.rb:28:in `require': No
such file to load -- nqxml/tokenizer (LoadError)).

Anyway, if you notice a lack of response to this announcement, these
difficulties may be why.  In any case, I am still greatly encouraged
by the work being done in this area!

--
Don't send mail to Edward.Healy / hole.lickey.com
The address is there for spammers to harvest.