On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Ruby Ruby <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote in post #1063702:
>> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Ruby Ruby <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:
>>> hi
>>> This is on fedore 17, standard installation.
>>> This web-app run flawlessly with ruby 1.8.7, but i cannot make it run
>>> with ruby 1.9.3. It is a web-mysql-database application.
>>>
>>> The following problems:
>>> 1) I cannot make run gettext (the app with ruby 1.8.7 runs in various
>>> languages)
>>
>> As far as I can see you only showed how installation of gettext/gci
>> failed but no error actually using gettext.
>>
>>> 2) cgi output is garbled, unusable.
>>
>> The output looks pretty reasonable on first sight. =A0What is the
>> "garbled" part?
>>
>> A general remark: it may be that you run into an encoding issue.
>> http://blog.grayproductions.net/articles/miscellaneous_m17n_details

> Problem is with gettext: I just don't get any Error Message, gettext
> just does not do its job, i.e. no conversion at all as if gettext were
> not installed.

Hm, did you create a simple test case to see whether it works at all?
I have zero experience with gettext so I cannot really help much with
that.  Could be a changed configuration or whatnot.

> In the HTML output: did you not see the backslashes in front of the
> parameter values?

Like:

irb(main):001:0> s=3D"This is a \"string\"."
=3D> "This is a \"string\"."
irb(main):002:0> puts s
This is a "string".
=3D> nil
irb(main):003:0> p s
"This is a \"string\"."
=3D> "This is a \"string\"."

?  That's not a bug, that's the regular output of String#inspect.  Are
you maybe using the wrong method to print output?

Btw, your dispatcher code with [1,2].collect{...} looks pretty
inefficient and complex.  I'd rather stick all those strings in a Hash
and let them be executed from there.

cmds =3D {
  "start" =3D> lambda {|x_self, dbx, sess, params|
    ab =3D ActualBase.new(x_self, dbx, sess)
    ab.contentx(params)
    ab
  },
}