On 06/01/2012 10:53 AM, Christophe D. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new at ruby, actually i just want to run puppet under aix in
> specified path.
>
> The problem is: i cant set the path of my embedded ruby library. I tried
> to run the script with -I/opt/puppet-ruby/lib/ruby but it keeps saying
> that he cant load my .rb ...
>
> Btw, from a ruby script how can i know the path of the used ruby
> library?

The array of paths being searched for files are stored in the $:
variable. To see the current array of paths, simply do:

   puts $:

You can also append other paths to the array by putting this at the top
of your Ruby script/application:

   $: << '/path/to/my/ruby-files'

Alternatively you can also set the RUBYLIB environment variable. If you
are using bash, for example, you can add this to your .bashrc file:

   export RUBYLIB=/path/to/my/ruby-files

--
Lars Haugseth