> By the way: In Ruby you can leave out the parentheses for method calls
> (unless there's ambiguity). So instead of
>
> puts(clubs.suit().inspect())
>
> you can simply write

I've been meaning to respond to this.  Yes, I am aware of that fact.
Some claim that it makes the code more readable.  I actually think that
it does the opposite  and makes the code less readable.  The reason that
I think that is that when I am reading Ruby code and I encounter an
identifier by itself, I don't really know whether that identifier is a
variable or a method.  If I see an identifier followed immediately by
'()'; then, I know for sure that that identifier is a method.
Consequently, I try to remember to use explicit parenthesis.  I doubt
that I do a very good job; but, that's my thinking.

Thanks.

        ... doug