Am 29.05.2012 20:37, schrieb Iaki Baz Castillo:
> Please forget this for now. I've realized that my call to rb_protect()
> didn't rescue exceptions if they were not StandardError (due to a
> check I did in my C code). So I *do* can rescue at C level any kind of
> error/exception, inclouding Interrupt or Exit and act according.
>
> So please let me work a bit on it and I will comment the result.
>
> Thanks a lot.

You seem to work quite heavy with Ruby°«s extension mechanism and
experience a good number of corner cases and semi-hidden features (like
the GVL reaquiring thing). When you°«re done with your libuv extension,
could you write a blogpost or something like that summing up what you
learned while doing this extension? I know, many things are online in
the ruby-talk archives, but it would be nice if the information could be
centralised at a single place. I°«m sure many Ruby developers doing more
complex C extensions would be happy to have this.
Just a suggestion. If you don°«t want to, ignore it.

Vale,
Marvin