Robert Klemme ڧѧ 28.05.2012 16:38:
> In my experience it is extremely rare that I needed global variables
> -
> so rare I can't actually remember the last time I introduced a global
> variable myself.  If at all I use pre defined globals like $stderr
> and
> the like.

I find it quite likely that you are using singletons a lot. I'd say
that
in Ruby, constants are pretty much scoped global variables.

Note that I'm not saying this is necessarily bad; I just mean that
there's
not much difference between "singletons" and "global variables". Both
represent global state, and the global state itself should be regarded
as
possibly harmful, not particular manifestations of it.

--
   WBR, Peter Zotov.