On 25 May 2012 01:14, Robert Klemme wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM, botp wrote:
>> thank you all, matt/llelan/robert.
>
> You're welcome!

Ditto.

> I wouldn't do that, there is a certain risk that it looks like a
> typing error (i.e. someone assumes you meant "if r=3D=3Dfoo...")

Clear documentation and commenting can help there.

> But I think the idiom with "and" is superior. :-)

It's concise, but it's a very idiomatic idiom.  At a glance it's
harder to understand than the 'if r=3Dfoo..' construct (which is also
idiomatic).  If you use it in all your code, however, I won't
complain. ;)

--=20
=A0 Matthew Kerwin, B.Sc (CompSci) (Hons)
=A0 http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/
=A0 ABN: 59-013-727-651

=A0 "You'll never find a programming language that frees
=A0 you from the burden of clarifying your ideas." - xkcd