Henry Maddocks wrote in post #1061869:
> How about mod_ruby?
> http://modruby.net/en/index.rbx/mod_ruby/whatis.html

Not recommended. For one thing it's unmaintained, and you'll be lucky to
make it work with a modern Apache. For another, all apps share the same
ruby interpreter, and therefore are liable to stomp on each other (e.g.
changes made to core classes in one will affect all others)

I think it's fair to say everybody uses Rack as the middleware layer
now. On top of Rack you can sit frameworks like Rails, Sinatra, Camping,
Ramaze etc. Underneath Rack you can run Mongrel, Thin, Unicorn,
Rainbows!, Zbatery etc and proxy HTTP to them; or you can run Apache and
Phusion Passenger.

I believe there's a Rack handler for fastcgi too, but I doubt it's used
much given the other deployment options listed above.