George Dupre wrote in post #1061810:
> 1) generate a database of a couple dozens of millions of Fixnums
> (ranging from 0 to 2^32 - 1), while avoiding redundancy
> 2) iterate through them
> 3) quickly search for the presence of a given Fixnum in the database

Hi,

For memory efficiency, if you are on Windows, you can use RTensor with
type of "unsigned".  If not, you can use other memory-efficient
structure for 4-byte data (such as NArray, although its "int" is 4-byte
signed integer).

For quick search, as has been pointed to, you have to store the data in
sorted order, so that you can run binary search.

If your data are static, it is fine.  If your data are dynamic (often
insert and remove), then we still need to find another data structure
(such as C++ STL Set).

Regards,

Bill