Hi everybody,

I am trying to find information on why the cgi interface is obsolete and
why everyone is using rails/rack etc. I actually really like rails but
can't seem to find the details on why they don't simple run as cgi
script. I have a shared cpanel managed domain and setting up rails apps
is a piece of cake and in some ways the archecture of rails somehow
makes ruby feel more like a application rather that connecting the dots
with shtml.

I understand the "cost" of forking process's server side, i also
understand the security implications of having your own process!

Perhaps these questions should go to different list but i thought in
context to my original query they are relevant.

Does rails exec and sleep in memory but never die. Does each connected
user "share" that process ?

Thanks in advance