ashbb shoeser wrote in post #1061123:
> Hi Wybo, J and folks,
>
> @J,
>
> Thank you for forwarding this post to Shoes-ML.
> I didn't notice this post in ruby-talk ML. xx-P
>

> @Wybo,
>
> What platform are you using?
>
>> According to http://rubydoc.info/gems/green_shoes/1.1.358/frames,
>> all you need is
>> Ruby 1.9 or above
>> Gems 1.5 or above
>> ruby-gtk2 package 0.90.7 or above
> Ah, sorry. This information may not be correct for now. xx-P
>
> You wrote:
>> I have:
>> Ruby 1.9.3
>> Gem  1.8.11
>> ruby-gtk2 1.0.3-1
>
> And got this error:
>> Gem files will remain installed in /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/glib2-1.1.3
>> for inspection.
>> Results logged to
>> /var/lib/gems/1.9.1/gems/glib2-1.1.3/ext/glib2/gem_make.out
>
> I'm not sure, but that looks like a conflict of glib2 version.
> Could you try to use the latest gtk2 and dependent gems?
> I think the latest version is 1.1.3.
>
> http://rubygems.org/gems/gtk2
>
> If `gem install green_shoes` doesn't work well, try out doing first `gem
> install gtk2`, then `gem install green_shoes`.
>
> ashbb

$ gem install gtk2 gives me the same error:

sudo gem install gtk2
ERROR:  Error installing gtk2:

        /usr/bin/ruby1.9.1 extconf.rb
checking for -Wall option to compiler... yes
checking for -Waggregate-return option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wcast-align option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wextra option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wformat=2 option to compiler... yes
checking for -Winit-self option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wlarger-than-65500 option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wmissing-declarations option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wmissing-format-attribute option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wmissing-include-dirs option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wmissing-noreturn option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wmissing-prototypes option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wnested-externs option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wold-style-definition option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wpacked option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wpointer-arith option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wswitch-default option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wswitch-enum option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wundef option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wunsafe-loop-optimizations option to compiler... yes
checking for -Wwrite-strings option to compiler... yes
checking for rb_define_alloc_func() in ruby.h... yes
checking for rb_block_proc() in ruby.h... yes
checking for new allocation framework... yes
checking for attribute assignment... no
checking for Win32 OS... no
checking for gobject-2.0... no
*** extconf.rb failed ***
necessary libraries and/or headers.  Check the mkmf.log file for more
details.  You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options:
  --with-opt-dir
  --without-opt-dir
  --with-opt-include
  --without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include
  --with-opt-lib
  --without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib
  --with-make-prog
  --without-make-prog