Marc Heiler wrote in post #1060706:
>> What should I make to show off metaprogramming?
>
> The first thing is to laugh into the face of anyone who is
> "metaprogramming".
>
> Metaprogramming is a fashion run that is hopefully soon dying out.

Sorry, but this is pretty ignorant. Every time you call "attr_accessor",
you're doing metaprogramming (or rather reflection). The same goes for
things like "respond_to?", which is essential to the Ruby type system.

So metaprogramming/reflection isn't "just a fashion". It's a core
feature of Ruby and one of the reasons why Ruby is a lot less verbose
then, say, Java.

Another practical use case of actual metaprogramming is ORM (wrapping
SQL databases in objects) or generating HTML with Ruby syntax.