Regardless of what one's OS will or won't allow you to do, I would think
that concerns for clarity, readability, maintainability, and (if
applicable) portability would all lead one to avoid using source file
names (in any language) whose names differ in case only.  After all,
Ruby will allow me to write programs with hundreds of variables all of
whose names are only three characters long, such as Z27, B19, and DOG.
Just because I can do it, doesn't make it a wise thing to do. -dln-