On Thu, 02 May 2002  07:26:04 +0900, Heath Holcomb wrote:
> Jim Freeze wrote:
> > Hi:
> >
> > I am looking for a good, small and fast Ruby
> > webserver. So far I have looked at wwwd and wwwsrv.
> >
> > I like wwwd, it is small and fast. But, it doesn't
> > seem to support simple things like refresh. And,
> > it offers some unconventional.
> >
> > I have downloaded wwwsrv but I have not had a chance
> > to run it. It looks like there is some active work
> > being done on it.
> >
> > Are these the only two published ruby webservers?
> > Is their a ruby webserver that is 'known' to be
> > the better web server.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> There is also one called httpd (pretty generic name, huh?) that is
> threaded and does CGI. I haven't played with it that much, but it's
> something to look at. You should check the RAA -
> http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/raa.html.

FYI: I'd recommend using rev 1.6.1.6 over 1.6. It has some important
fixes and performs better over-all. It's stable as well.

Sadly, I haven't been able to spend a lot of time on development in
the past months (moving house...) but 1.7 should be out RSN. I've
received some interesting contributions from various people - eruby,
plug-ins, &c - that I'd like to integrate first. Stay tuned...

Michel