--f46d044796cf62d42a04bd19b9ff

I am new to Ruby as well.  Here are some resources I have found useful:

Mike Hartl has an excellent tutotial here:
http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book?version02

The Ruby Rouges Pod cast.  I have listened to every single one of them.
 Not all are for beginners, but I get something out of each one of them.

railscast:   http://railscasts.com/

And of course:  http://guides.rubyonrails.org/

That is where I have started.

Rod.

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Taz798 U. <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still new to programming, with some familiarity of HTML, CSS, and a
> bit of PHP/delphi.
>
> Just recently I was learning Java and came across the fundementals of
> Programming such as constructors, methods etc. I'm basically at this
> stage right now, and still learning.
>
> I actually want to learn Ruby on Rails and get into web development.
> However, I have been recommended to learn Ruby first, as it will be
> easier to learn RoR. I was told that, with Ruby I can get somewhat of an
> understanding of the language itself, instead of going straight into RoR
> where I might be able to follow Tutorials, but I may not be able to
> actually understand what I'm doing.
>
> So I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend me some good tutorials or
> books for beginners like me to learn some Ruby.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --

--f46d044796cf62d42a04bd19b9ff

I am new to Ruby as well.    캼򾼯򾼯   潢𺯯𺯯ᾼ
I&#39;m still new to programming, with some familiarity of HTML, CSS, and a<br>
bit of PHP/delphi.<br>
Just recently I was learning Java and came across the fundementals of<br>
Programming such as constructors, methods etc. I&#39;m basically at this<br>
stage right now, and still learning.<br>
I actually want to learn Ruby on Rails and get into web development.<br>
However, I have been recommended to learn Ruby first, as it will be<br>
easier to learn RoR. I was told that, with Ruby I can get somewhat of an<br>
understanding of the language itself, instead of going straight into RoR<br>
where I might be able to follow Tutorials, but I may not be able to<br>
actually understand what I&#39;m doing.<br>
So I wanted to ask if anyone could recommend me some good tutorials or<br>
books for beginners like me to learn some Ruby.<br>
Thanks.<br>
--<br>

--f46d044796cf62d42a04bd19b9ff--