Hi Bob,

You could give the one-click installer for OSX a try..
http://rubyosx.rubyforge.org/

> Per the error message I received when the install failed, I have
> attempted to read the two logs (configure and make) by pasting the
> following in bash:
>
> /Users/bobbaird001/.rvm/log/ruby-1.9.3-p125/yaml/configure.log
>
> However, it tells me I don't have permissions (heck it is my mac and I
> am bobbaird001 :-)

You need to specify a text editor before that line, for example (using vi) -
otherwise the systems thinks that you are trying to execute that file (which
may not have executable permissions)

vi  /Users/bobbaird001/.rvm/log/ruby-1.9.3-p125/yaml/configure.log

hope it helps!
saji

--

Saji N Hameed,
ARC-ENV, Center for Advanced Information Science and Technology,

Tel: +81242 37-2736
Fax:+81242 37-2760
email: saji / u-aizu.ac.jp
url: http://www.u-aizu.ac.jp