On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:37 PM, ruby rocks <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> Okay it seems MySQL is the way to go then, but just want to confirm one
> thing to make absolutely sure: I am talking about client side data
> storage. The list of contacts and other information, is stored on the
> client itself, not on a remote server. Do you still think that using a
> MySQL database is appropriate for this?

No, I never said "use MySQL"; I said use an existing datastore *like*
MySQL *OR* SQLite *OR* Redis *OR* any number of others.

The exact solution depends on the details of your app, what kind of
"client", how much administration you're willing to do or want to avoid,
whether you want the DB to handle encryption natively, etc.

The main point was to not reinvent the wheel in the mistaken guise
of "security".

--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder / gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder