Florian Gilcher wrote in post #1054875:
> On Apr 3, 2012, at 9:59 PM, ruby rocks wrote:
>>

>> I just wonder if there is anything that I am overlooking, but I am
>> pretty convinced that using less code is good from a security
>> perspective, especially as it seems like I do not need all of the
>> features of MySQL. Why include potential security bugs to get features
>> that I do not require?
>
> Yep, you do overlook that widely used code is also less likely to have
> critical
> bugs, because there were a ton of people thinking about exactly those
> issues
> before you.

Good point, but would it be fair enough for me to say that since I
already have to use arrays and hashes in other areas, that it does not
really produce additional complexity to use them as a sort of minimalist
database system?

I don't try to argue with anyone, I really want what is best for
security, I just want to make sure that everyone including and
especially myself, has thought of every piece of information, before
coming to conclusions.