On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:30 AM, ruby rocks <lists / ruby-forum.com> wrote:

> ... and I think adding database
> software is going to increase complexity and thus inherently decrease
> the over all security of the finished program.

Sorry, that's wrong. Storing your data as plain text in a file is hardly
"secure", and writing your own data access routines is unlikely to be
more secure than using well-used and -tested DB libraries.

> I think this sort of database structure will be much less complex than
> trying to use something like MySQL

You're trying to recreate the functionality of a relational database for
no good reason. If you want something simpler to install/administer
than MySQL you can use SQLIte, or even a non-SQL datastore like
Redis.

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder / gmail.com