Bartosz Dziewoski wrote in post #1054173:
> Underscore is not a valid character in a hostname, thus Ruby rejects it.
>
> To allow it, you have to manually add it to the regex in library file
> uri/common.rb, line 368. (On my Windows install,
> F:\Ruby193\lib\ruby\1.9.1\uri), to looks like this:
>
>   ret[:HOSTNAME] = hostname = "(?:[a-zA-Z0-9\\-._]|%\\h\\h)+"
>
> (I just added an underscore there.) This might of course break URI
> parsing for other protocols.
>
> -- Matma Rex

Thanks for the reply, but I don't think it's a good idea to 'hack' the library. Like you said 'it could break other URI's'.

But even if I'm going to hackl the library, I ran into another difficulty. I'll have to hack the library on all the servers I deploy the Ruby-app to.

Again, thanks for your reply, but I don't think it's a good idea.