Am 31. M=E4rz 2012 12:04 schrieb no name <lists / ruby-forum.com>:
> Thanks I have it working now. I have one other question, why doesn't
> ruby openssl support counter mode of operation??

Ruby's Cipher class supports whatever OpenSSL's EVP_CIPHER interface
supports. Unfortunately, CTR mode never made it there until just recently.
Now finally, 1.0.1 supports AES in CTR mode. If you are interested in using
it, you may want to upgrade to 1.0.1 and then you can also use it from Ruby
like this:

cipher =3D OpenSSL::Cipher.new('aes-128-ctr')

Regards,
Martin