OK, I think I know what you are looking for:

Given a name "C::String" you want to know if there exists a constant C, and inside that one you want to check for a constant String. In the latter check,nly the constants in C have to be checked, nor ancestors neither Object.

In addition to that you want const_missing to be triggered as needed (and that does not hold for qualified_const_defined? in particular).

Is that right?

Is there anything else to add related to required paths?

Sent from my iPhone