"Yukihiro Matsumoto" <matz / ruby-lang.org> wrote in
> Point taken.  So, if you were a language designer, how do you define
> intuitive (and hopefully useful) Range behavior?

It is probably enough to throw out the ``to_i'' conversion for Numeric
Ranges, thus forming  (2.2..4.3)  would be okay but trying to ``evaluate''

      (2.2..4.3).each { |i| # do something  }

would throw an exception since there is no natural #succ method for Floats.

Of course you know too well that I lack common sense;-) - i.e. you should
take my advice with the proverbial mountain of salt.

/Christoph