ts <decoux / moulon.inra.fr> wrote in message news:<200204300829.g3U8TpL07699 / moulon.inra.fr>...

> E> I've tried linking against dl but it doesn't solve my problem.  Does
> E> someone have a make file I can use for Linux 2.4?  I got it to compile
> E> once, but can't duplicate it, I don't know what I did to get it to
> E> compile.
>
>  See [ruby-talk:36676]
>
>  http://www.ruby-talk.org/36676
>
> E> --Win: (runtime issues)
> E> On XP-Pro with Visual Studio.NET I was able to compile easily, but
> E> when I call embeded Ruby from within my C++ application ruby runs
> E> whatever scripts I pass it but then my application exits.  I don't
> E> understand why my app haults after I call ruby.  Shouldn't Ruby simply
>
>  I know nothing on this but try to define -DNT and -DIMPORT
>

> Guy Decoux

Guy, thanks...I'm now able to compile on linux/IX86.

Now I'm getting a consistant and misterious exit whenever I call
embeded ruby from within a C application running on Linux or a C++
(compiled with V-Studio.NET) application running on XP-pro.

I Know I'm doing something wrong.  One should be able to run in a loop
at the C/C++ level and call a ruby script and return to whatever they
were doing in the top C/C++ layer.

Am I loading the wrong version of the interpreter, or do I need to
seed the interpretor with some special value other than...

ruby_init();
ruby_script("embeded");
rb_load_file("hello.rb")//the ruby script I'm calling from C/C++

begin__C_loop
//do some C/C++ work here
ruby_run() //decide it's time to call ruby here
//back to more C/C++ work here (--not getting to here--)
end_C_loop

My goal is to be able to call ruby whenever I have some ruby
processing that I want to perfrom, then have control returned back to
my C/C++ application.  When I call embeded ruby, Ruby runs my script
fine but then my application mysteriously quites.  I know one of you
out there has tackled this before.

...ed