Jason Ballou wrote in post #1048047:
> Hello to the ruby world :)  I was hoping to get a bit of guidance... I
> have the following code below that logs int to a cisco router and
> performs a command:

You may find Net::SSH::Telnet easier to use than Net::SSH with exec,
especially when it comes to exchanging multiple commands and responses.
Also you can use the same code with both Net::Telnet and
Net::SSH::Telnet

> I would like to scan this output and assign only the IP address between
> the ##'s to a variable for further use.

Look at the methods of class String, expecially String#scan

>> str
=> "AMP_STL_Intra_SW4#sho ip route 159.202.161.0\nRouting entry for
159.202.161.0/25\n  Known via \"connected\", distance 0, metric 0
(connected, via interface)\n  Routing Descriptor Blocks:\n  * directly
connected, via Vlan307\n      Route metric is 0, traffic share count is
1\n"
>> str.scan(/Routing entry for ([0-9.]+)/)
=> [["159.202.161.0"]]