----- Original Message -----
From: "Pit Capitain" <pit / capitain.de>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 3:26 AM
Subject: Re: An example of the beauty of Ruby...

> On 30 Apr 2002, at 14:49, Hal E. Fulton showed an example of
> pseudo code that magically turned into valid Ruby code:
>
> >       upload unless unchanged
>
> I hope you don't think I'm nitpicking, but for me this beauty would
> even get unexcelled without the double negation:
>
>       upload if changed

A valid point.

As they say, "Don't use no double negatives."  :)

But I still think of it the other way -- because the "normal"
operation is to do the upload, whereas the unchanged
file is the exception to the rule. Hence, "Do this, EXCEPT
when this is true..."

But that's just the way I think, and the other way might be
more readable.

Thanks,
Hal Fulton