Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Curt Hibbs wrote:
> >
> > I haven't used Squeak, but I would be interested to know how
> well it works
> > in a team development environment.

[snip]

> I don't think the non-file basedness *prevents* having good version
> control, however.  It's just that existing version control systems are
> designed to work with files.  The same paradigms can be applied to
> squeak/smalltalk, it's just that you either need to convert the squeak
> methods/classes into files that can be versioned, or develop a solution
> that actually works in smalltalk but models similar processes to
> existing version control systems.

IBM's VisualAge for Smalltalk is the only Smalltalk system that I am aware
of that has built-in version control that was designed for a team
environment. I found it (the version control part) difficult to use.

I was hoping that Squeak had solved this problem and provided built-in
support for team development. Sounds like its not there -- maybe its in
their future plans.

Curt