Perhaps embedding an invocation of Ruby into your application will
provide what you need.  I believe that this approach will produce a
self-contained executable which will not require that the Ruby interpreter
be present on the machine it runs on.  If you link with shared libraries
or dll's, you will probably need to have mswin32-ruby16.dll (or its
equivalent Linux shared library, or its equiavlent for other platforms)
present.  If you link statically, you will need no other executables.

You can store the Ruby code in a separate, loadable file, or you can
put it in the executable as a very long string, and execute it via
rb_eval().

I have some limitied experience doing this kind of thing, but if anyone
else on the list sees an error in these statements, your feedback is
welcome and appreciated.

Dennis

|     The way to be happy is to be good     |