--0023544713ec20270204b7fb8d41

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Srimanta Chakraborty
<srimanta12 / gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>    Just yesterday I successfully installed ruby in my pc, means I am
> new in this technology.
>    Today I am trying to fetch the data in my ruby application and
> successfully done this. Now I want to speed up the performance of the
> fetching data by making use of prepare and execute method.In case of
> select query also I am using this like
>
>   require 'mysql'

I see more relevance in 'mysql2'

This are just the 2 top Google results for "gem list mysql mysql2"
Other results there will be relevant too.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3001243/ruby-rails-mysql2-gem-does-somebody-use-this-gem-is-it-stable

  https://github.com/brianmario/mysql2

maybe some methods that you found in documentation where not even
implemented
myslq but only in newer mysql2.

try the command:

$ gem list -r mysql

(this will report all "remote" gems that start with mysql....)

HTH,

Peter

--0023544713ec20270204b7fb8d41--