--0016e6d7e97870c30f04b7f62707

Hi,

I need to start a (sub)process from inside a ruby script that will continue
to run after the ruby script itself has finished.
The way I'm doing stuff right now is by using Process.spawn - this works,
however the ppid of the child process is assigned to the script that was
used to start the process, and thus after the script finishes the spawned
(child) processes gets closed as well.

My question is what would be the best way to start such a (sub)process and
assign it a parent in such a way that it keeps running even after the
current script has ended? As a side-note, I also need to be able to capture
the stderr and assign it to a specific file (which works using
Process.spawn), but I'm not sure about the other methods.
I have to mention I'm using a linux machine but I'm unfortunately not very
familiar with the way linux process exactly work...

Thank you,
Victor

--0016e6d7e97870c30f04b7f62707--