On 02/02/12 08:58, Samuel Mensah wrote:
> By "real time" I mean, having every activity occur synchronously on
> every active machine viewing the website so that If I post something and
> you're on the website on a different computer, u don't have to refresh
> your page to see what I posted.

You probably don't mean synchronously. If you required all your clients
to be synchronous, the speed of the site would be the speed of your
slowest client. The general approach to something like this is eventual
consistency; that is, your client (code shipped to user)
/asynchronously/ polls for (or receives via persistent connection)
updates from your server.

I imagine you will want to 'learn you some Javascript' irrespective of
which server side language or data store you choose for your application.

Sam