On Jan 31, 2012, at 8:24 PM, Bartosz Dziewoski wrote:

> For heavy web development, probably yes. For a simple site with a
> couple of subpages and maybe some dynamic content, you might have less
> clutter and less headache using lightweight libraries, like Camping or
> Sinatra.

Define "heavy web development". I actually don't like Rails for special tasks
like pure apis, callback sites, upload locations etc. Then again, I'm biased:
I hack on Padrino.

I'd actually use Rails for "simple sites": its easy to start with,
and small multi-page applications are written very quickly using it.
Performance is ok. Helpers are in place to do a bit of ajaxy stuff. No reason
to pick your stack.

Best Regards,