Hi --

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:

> David Alan Black [mailto:dblack / candle.superlink.net] wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Nathaniel Talbott wrote:
> >
> > > Not to burst anyone's bubble or anything, but I've never liked
> poster
> > > sessions. First of all, I stink at making posters, and second of
> all,
> > > I don't much like reading them either. Could be because the bright
> > > colors scare me, or it could be because I'm not the only geek who
> > > stinks at making them :-)
> >
> > My bubble is intact :-)  "Poster" in this context won't
> > involve graphic design -- just a little write-up and
> > willingness to distribute it and possibly be on hand to field
> > questions in a pretty informal context.
>
> Fair enough... sounds a bit different than the poster sessions I've been
> to in the past (such as at OOPSLA). Plus, I'm probably the only one who
> hasn't gotten much out of those, too.

Yeah, this is probably a pretty home-spun definition of "poster
session".  Mainly the idea is just to provide multiple ways for people
to present and share their ideas.  The basic framework would be upward
compatible with fancier posters, should anyone want to make them :-)

David

--
David Alan Black
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net